Wedding planning checklist
(in order of importance)
• What’s your budget?
• When do you want to get married?
• Will your wedding have a theme?
• Think about your guest list - will it have an effect on what size venue you will choose?
• Pick a venue and book well in advance.
• Send out your invitations.
• Choose your entourage; this will include a maid of honour, best man, bridesmaids, flower girls, page boys, ushers etc.
• Start to look for a wedding dress.
• Do you need a caterer?/ Find and book a caterer who is available.
• Look at photographers portfolios and book the one you like.
• Contact a florist and discuss what you want, how much it will cost and leave a deposit.
• Book your transport for the bride, bridegroom, wedding party and maybe guests if they are travelling.
• Get the wedding parties outfits sorted out. You will need to look at bridesmaids/ groom/ mother and father of the bride?/ page boys/ flower girls.
• Book your evening entertainment.
• Get your wedding rings.
• Buy all the decorations and tableware needed.
• Create a seating plan.
• Think about what vows you will take.
• Book in with a hairdresser.
• Start thinking about the stag & hen nights (this can be delegated to the best man and maid of honour to arrange).
Not everything above will apply to your wedding but they are just the main points to consider for a traditional western wedding. Remember, there is always the option of hiring a wedding planner who will consult with you and do all the leg work. If you're a hands on you could think about doing some of the things like photography, catering, transport, decorations and tableware and even entertainment!